Thursday, March 3, 2011

Said I wouldn't do this, but....

     ....I have a little bit of a new audience. I posted a comment on another blog and according to my stats, some people (not a lot , but a few) clicked on the link I included and checked out my blog. If any of those people are still coming back to check the blog out, I'm asking for any comments you have. It can be about a specific post or about the blog in general, what you like about it, what you don't, that kind of thing. I know I said recently that I wasn't going to solicit comments. But if I've got some people checking this blog out, maybe some of them might not be lurkers and would be willing to speak up. I think it's time to admit, to myself and anyone reading this, I would like people to read what I have to say. I wish I could say that I'm writing just to write, but let's be honest, if you're writing something and putting it out there and nobody's reading it, what's the point ? If you're going to write just for yourself, you should just keep a diary, not have a blog. I think feedback may help me get an idea of what's working and what isn't and allow me to do things that will get more people reading.
     Of course, I've already heard (and have successfully made use of the suggestion) that I should comment on blogs I read. And, yes, I know, posting a little more often would help. I'm working on it. I'm mainly looking for ideas about the writing, the layout, the about me page, etc, basically anything about the blog itself that I could tweak.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment